Ensuring that the performance of your education setting stays on the right track depends on strong leadership and the effectiveness of your governing body. We understand that governance is a complicated business and not only relies on the sense of duty and goodwill of your governors, but also on their ability to perform their role effectively.
Through our 30 years' experience, we know that professional training and access to advice and support is a necessity for trustees and clerks, to give them the confidence and knowledge required to carry out their responsibilities effectively. That’s why we continue to provide such an extensive and wide-ranging offer that is nationally recognised for excellence.
From an extensive training programme for trustees, governors and clerks, to fast and reliable support and advice, we provide support on any governance issue, offering excellent service and outstanding value for money.
The service is a totally customer focused service delivered by staff who are professional, polite and helpful. Customers praised the team consistently for the way in which it went the extra mile to support governing bodies.
- Fast, reliable, responsive, friendly support by e-mail, telephone or in person to all those involved in governance in schools, academies and education centres
- Regular reviews of governance
- e-Newsletters and guidance documents
- Knowledgeable, sensible advice based on many years of working in governance
- Comprehensive website of resources and information
- Bespoke training and consultancy services
- Topical ‘What’s new?’ area and specialist areas for clerks and development and training governors on our website
- Online booking system for training events
- E-learning and blended learning programmes
- Clerking services to individual schools, academies and education centres
- An externally moderated Clerks’ Accreditation Programme
- Training for individual governors, clerks and chairs of governors, including the Leading Governance Programme for chairs and aspiring chairs; and the Professional Clerks Programme, under contract from the DfE
- An extensive, diverse and relevant training programme
- Conferences with national speakers
- Commissioned training for individual governing bodies
- Briefings on major changes in education policy and legislation
- Consistent average delegate rating of very good across over 700 events per year
- Delivered across the county at accessible venues
Benefits to schools
- Access to support and training for governors and committee members that enables them to effectively fulfil their roles and responsibilities
- Provision focused on outcomes to ensure governing bodies are playing a proactive part in driving forward improvements
- We are able to provide trainers and advisers capable of meeting your specific needs as part of an experienced team working collaboratively with professional colleagues in school improvement
- Customer Service Excellence Certified provider that delivers a reliable, cost-effective service