We know that offering children and young people the opportunity to learn outside the classroom enriches their learning experience. We support the delivery of high-quality and safely managed outdoor education and learning, PE and school sport and support additional participation activities such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and John Muir.
These powerful tools for teaching and learning enable teachers and students to engage in novel, exciting and experiential work which leads to high levels of academic attainment, personal development and the ability to face challenges and manage risk. These activities can effectively lay the groundwork for the rest of a young person’s life, enabling them to become successful learners both in school and afterwards.
We buy in because it gives us a massive peace of mind to know how much support is behind us should anything go wrong on a trip. We can also access the most up to date advice and guidance from people with far more experience than us.
- Widely recognised for its range, quality and expertise
- Regulatory, legal and employer support and advice on current and best practice, insurance and indemnification
- Provision of effective approval structures via the EVOLVE system for educational visits and sporting activity, and outdoor and PE and sport providers
- Provision of serious incident and emergency procedures and systems
- Monitoring and inspection of the safety management systems of providers, activity centres and instructors
- Direct support to key personnel, including heads of establishments, heads of department, curriculum leaders, educational visit coordinators, outdoor leaders and Trailblazer coordinators
- Essential checks of third party providers to ensure minimum risk management requirements (e.g. DBS, appropriate levels of training, AALS licenses) in place
- Access to a comprehensive outdoor learning and training programme for schools, expedition training and PE safety management courses
- Bespoke services, including legal and litigation support, investigation, report writing and response to challenges, as well as response to specific circumstances, such as incidents, inclusion and behaviour
- Promoting consistent high-quality management, including monitoring, reviewing and ‘health checks’ of establishments, systems or policies
- Promoting high-quality learning, through professional consultancy regarding teaching, learning and operational practice
Benefits to schools
- Ensuring the safety and security of your children and young people through recognised and effective safety management systems, for outdoor education, PE and sport, and DofE
- Ensuring good management, high-quality learning and personal development
- Offering access to recognised, effective and high- quality training and support
- Confidence and peace of mind whilst school staff are leading off site and educational visits