The transition for children into school is crucial to their development and we aim to enable schools to make this transition as successful as possible to ensure each child is ready for school.
Services for Young Children (SfYC) in Hampshire has a strong reputation for delivering high quality training, support, courses and resources. SfYC offers a variety of services through ‘Professional Options’ that schools can access to help improve the quality of their delivery to ensure that Hampshire children can achieve the best outcomes. These services have been developed by the Early Years Education Advisory Team, the Inclusion Team and the Childcare Development and Business Support Team (particularly for schools considering, or setting up ‘out-of-school’ childcare / clubs).
Our support to schools is focused around the revisions to and moderation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and can include observation and assessment of current learning environments, with suggestions for development.
We also provide support to develop partnerships with parents and for those new to working within the EYFS. We are particularly experienced in working with schools at risk of poor outcomes, vulnerable groups and where children have been identified as making poor progress.
Inclusion support can be provided to aid the successful transition of children with Special Educational Needs and/or a disability from early years education providers into the school environment.
substantial and positive impact, support for my team has been exemplary
effective examples of Year R/Year 1 provision within Hampshire
- Bespoke support for individual settings and/or senior leaders, teachers and support staff
- Advice and guidance supporting school improvement and improving outcomes for children in early years
- INSET and twilight training sessions on a wide range of EYFS-focused topics
- Targeted support programmes for NQTs and other individuals
- Tailored training packages, bespoke to your setting
- Exhibits and exhibitions of outstanding EYFS best practice
- A range of publications to support the EYFS
- Bespoke inclusion support and/or training (including Makaton)
Benefits to schools
- Improved transition of young children into the school environment
- Increased confidence of teachers receiving young children into school
- Focused, highly beneficial support and training tailored to your school
- Raised achievement and improved well-being for young children within the EYFS