Hampshire Treasures

Volume 5 ( New Forest)

Page 321 - Woodgreen

 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 319) Next page (Volume 5, Page 323)

The parish was previously part of the Godshill Tithing. The village lies between Breamore and Hale to the east of the River Avon. When the village hall was built in 1930-1, two students from the London College of Art were commissioned by the Carnegie Trust to decorate the walls entirely with murals, depicting village life as it was then. So the BBC, when broadcasting a television programme on the village in 1973, called it The Village on the Wall.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for Woodgreen.

 Previous page (Volume 5, Page 319) Next page (Volume 5, Page 323)