MASH provides triage and multi-agency assessment of safeguarding concerns. It brings together professionals from a range of agencies into an integrated multi-agency team. This dedicated multi-agency team protects the most vulnerable children from harm, neglect and abuse by meeting goals specifically related to safeguarding, including:
- A faster, more co-ordinated and consistent response to safeguarding concerns raised about vulnerable children
- An improved ‘journey’ for the child or adult with a greater emphasis on early intervention and better informed services provided at the right time
- A more straightforward and responsive process for the professional or member of the public raising a concern, with clear guidance and support
- Closer partnership working, clear accountability and improved multi-agency communications
- A reduction in the number of inappropriate referrals and re-referrals.