Hampshire’s qualified children’s social workers are guided by a senior management team with combined experience of over 60 years, in an Outstanding authority that is taking an innovative and transformative approach to its practice.
Five great reasons to be a Children’s Social Worker in Hampshire
1. Practical support - you will receive all the practical support you need, including professional development, administrative support (in the form of a personal assistant) and new technology.
2. Flexible working - we have embraced mobile working to make your practice easier and reduce the need to constantly be in an office. We offer part-time working options to ensure you have the work-life balance you deserve.
3. Team support - our greatest asset is our staff and you’ll join a supportive working environment with positive team support and options to develop experience across our varied teams.
4. Reduced admin - social work takes precedence over paperwork, and you’ll receive personal assistance with admin tasks, meaning you can devote time to making a difference to communities and families.
5. Stand out. Be Outstanding - you’ll have the unique opportunity to shape the future of social care, as part of an Outstanding authority, sharing best practice and expertise with peers and neighbours.
“Sometimes with this job there are late nights and unpredictable situations, but we recognise that our social workers have families too, we want them to be there for own children too and get to go to those really important life events like school plays.”
“It’s important to strike that balance of recognising the difficult job we do and actually ensuring that doing it does not come at the cost of practitioners’ own home life.”