All qualified social workers are entitled to five days of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in addition to any internal or mandatory training, to ensure they are equipped to deliver the Outstanding service we pride ourselves on. Our tailored Graduate Entry Training scheme (GETs) provides the equivalent for our Newly Qualified Social Workers.
- Face-to-face events – a mix of taught sessions, seminars, workshops, large conferences and briefings.
- Digital resources – including e-learning and subscriptions.
- A ‘coaching’ approach to management – supporting the development of staff by bringing learning into the workplace.
- Dissemination of lessons learned – operational experience and recommendations from Serious Case Reviews and evidenced good practice.
- Shadowing and secondment opportunities – both within the department and with external partners
- Self-directed study and apprenticeships.