All staff complete a comprehensive induction programme for their role, as well as mandatory training and e-learning relating to staff wellbeing, fire safety, health and safety and data protection.
Given the nature of our work and the impact of legislative changes, it is essential our team is well informed. We look for recruits who have an aptitude for learning: Self starters who will seek out information to improve their knowledge and skills. Many members of our team join us with limited knowledge of registration law, but we provide excellent training and ongoing support. Our managers actively monitor performance and provide regular feedback and identify training needs.
Our training and support includes:
- Training guides, technical updates, blog posts and e-noticeboards
- Team meetings, technical briefings and one-to-one supervision sessions
- Extensive, structured training programme on registration law for Multiskilled and Ceremony Registration Officers
- Registration Officers are encouraged to complete the City and Guilds National Accreditation Programme for Registration Officers, and undergo regular technical assessments to ensure accurate and high quality services are being provided
- Technical Standards Officers (Team Leaders) are required to complete the City and Guilds National Accreditation Programme for Registration Officers
- Line managers undertake corporate management and/or leadership programmes