About the opportunity
Promote and develop DofE in Hampshire, by supporting participants. You will be concerned with those people participating through the Hampshire County Council Operating Authority for DofE.
Develop support structures and networks, which enable young people to have the widest choice of activities and the best quality of experience possible. Work with all educational establishments to develop DofE for young people aged 14 to 25.
Tasks and duties
There are many different roles you could get involved with.
Typically volunteers help out at a local D of E group this can be weekly or less often depending on your availability, assisting young people through their sections, or offering training in the expedition section which involves weekends practice and assessment expeditions. Also if you have a particular skill or hobby it could be you can mentor a group of young people through this that they can count for their skill, volunteering, physical sections.
The DofE website has full details on the award, the different sections and lots of information.
Who we are looking for
- Ability to build relationships and maintain dialogue with young people
- Ability to support young people in tackling problems
- Ability to build relationships and maintain dialogue with agencies working with young people
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Commitment to equalities
- Willingness to learn and commitment to personal development
- Understanding of how young people learn
- Literate and numerate
- High level interpersonal skills
How to apply
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Must be committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people