About the opportunity
This public-facing role plays an important part in caring for Hampshire’s countryside and making this accessible through your Country Park. Our receptions and shops are very busy places and often are the first point for visitors to find out about the site.
You will welcome visitors to the site and assist with providing customer service, care and security for the benefit of our visitors and the local community.
This role will support the day to day running of the front of house area as well as being a first point of contact for visitors. You’ll also be an important point of contact for the public on information about the wider countryside sites.
Tasks and duties
This is a varied role with a mixture of tasks that can be undertaken
- Assist with retail sales, cash handling
- Promoting events and other activities
- Helping to keep the shops stocked
- Ensuring leaflets displayed and notice boards are up to date
- Welcoming and interacting with the public to ensure all visitors have the best possible experience
No previous experience is needed staff and volunteers can show you the tasks.
For long term volunteers training is available and can include First Aid, practical tool use and Leadership Skills.
Who we are looking for
- be friendly and a good communicator
- have good interpersonal skills
Manor Farm and Country Park
Pylands Lane, Bursledon
Royal Victoria Country Park