About the opportunity
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens have a world renowned botanical collection within 180 acres situated near Romsey and is a registered charity. Originally the private garden of Sir Harold Hillier and his family they were given in trust to Hampshire County Council in 1977. Our Volunteer Scheme has been in place for over 20 years.
Tasks and duties
Our weekday school programmes are linked to many subjects in the National and Early Years Curriculum, although most tend to be science or art based. We also support family activities throughout the year.
- To assist our Education team, providing support on school visits, as well as family learning sessions and activities with community groups
- To support or work independently during holiday or weekend activities
- To assist activity preparation
A full induction programme will be given by the Education Officer.
Most sessions need you to commit to a full 9.15am-3.30pm day, although days are determined by bookings and events.
Who we are looking for
- have previous experience of teaching or working with children
- be friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and fun
- by happy to work in a team as well as independently
- Most sessions need you to commit to a full 9.15am-3.30pm day
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Jermyns Lane Ampfield Nr. Romsey SO51 0QA
How to apply
To find out more contact Education Officer, phone 01794 369308 or Volunteer Co-ordinator, phone 01794 369305