Equality and diversity
Hampshire County Council aims for equality of opportunity in all activities as an employer and service provider
- Corporate commitment
- recognise that passive policies will not reverse discrimination and disadvantage
- seek to redress unfair discrimination against disadvantaged people to ensure equality of opportunity
- help disadvantaged groups or individuals creating a fair basis from which equality of opportunity can operate
- Age, ethnicity and disability
We want to:
- build a workforce which reflects the diversity of the local community. We encourage applications from people of different ages or ethnic backgrounds
- remove discrimination against any employee, worker or job applicant in their access to employment, training, working conditions, treatment at work, promotion or dismissal
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting our vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the essential criteria for the role
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments, as required
- Supporting any existing employees who acquire a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
Please ensure that you complete the disability section of the application form so that we can treat your application appropriately. If you are invited for interview, you will be asked if you need any reasonable adjustments: we will make these wherever possible.
During the application process you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities form. This information helps inform whether our policies and practices are fair and to highlight any areas where we may be able to improve further.
The information you provide is not seen by the Recruiting Manager. It is de-personalised and used for statistical reporting and analysis only.
- LBGT+ Network
This is a group of staff who promote better equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff and service users.
Aims of the LGBT+ Network:
- provide a safe and supportive space for LGBT+ staff
- raise awareness, knowledge and understanding
- improve policy and practice
- improve service delivery
- work in partnership