The Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities (Bracknell Forest Council, Reading Borough Council, The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council) are working in partnership to produce a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the Plan area up until 2036.
The Joint Minerals & Waste Plan will build upon the formerly adopted minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area, and improve, update and strengthen the policies and provide details of strategic sites that are proposed to deliver the vision.
The first stage in plan-preparation is known as the ‘Issues and Options’ Consultation. The purpose of this consultation is to engage the community in discussion on the Issues for managing minerals and waste for the next 20 years. It is also an opportunity to gather more evidence to inform the Options for the plan policies and site allocations. The Issues and Options Consultation was live for six weeks, running from 9 June to 21 July 2017. The following information and documents formed a part of the Issues and Options Consultation:
An Issues and Options document was prepared for the Consultation and can be viewed by clicking on this link:
An FAQ was prepared to assist with this.
Hampshire Services invited responses to the Issues and Options Consultation by:
- an online survey
- a downloadable response form
The Consultation Paper was supported by a number of evidence base documents and comments were welcomed on them. The can be viewed via the following links:
- Minerals: Background Study
- Waste: Background Study
- Sites Assessment Methodology Report
- Other Methodologies Report (Industrial Estates & Employment Land, Landscape & Visual and Traffic & Transport Assessment)
- Consultation Strategy
- Equalities Impact Assessment
The following supporting documents were for reference only:
- Habitats Regulations Assessment: Methodology and Baseline
- Sustainability Appraisal (incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment) Scoping Report
- Sustainability Appraisal (incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment) Baseline Report
Documents were also available for inspection during normal working hours at:
- Bracknell Forest Council offices: Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1JD
- Reading Council offices: Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU
- The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead offices: Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead SL6 1RF
- Wokingham Borough Council offices: Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 1BN
- Public libraries within the administrative areas of the Central & Eastern Berkshire Authorities.
Issues and Options Consultation Statement
Following completion of the consultation, the results were analysed and included in the Issues and Options Consultation Statement. The report seeks to detail who responded, the general themes and key issues raised and how the authorities intend to respond to those issues.
This summary of responses report is a guide for stakeholders and the Central & Eastern Berkshire Authorities to review the responses received on the suggested approach. It will be used, together with the full responses and any further information collected or received, to prepare for the next consultation (the ‘Preferred Options Consultation’) which is scheduled to be carried out in early 2018.