The Central & Eastern Berkshire Authorities (Bracknell Forest Council, Reading Borough Council, The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council) are working in partnership to produce a Joint Minerals & Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the Plan area up until 2036.
The Joint Minerals & Waste Plan will build upon the formerly adopted minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area, and improve, update and strengthen the policies and provide details of strategic sites that are proposed to deliver the vision.
The first stage in plan-preparation was the ‘Issues and Options’ Consultation, conducted in summer 2017.
The current, second stage is the production of a Draft Plan (formerly referred to as ‘Preferred Options’). The purpose of this consultation is to engage the community in discussion on managing minerals and waste for the next 20 years. It is also an opportunity to gather more local evidence to determine the plan policies and site allocations.
The Draft Plan Consultation will run for ten weeks, beginning 6 August 2018 and ending 12 October 2018.
All comments must be received by 5pm on 12 October 2018.
The key documents are linked to below:
Ways to respond
Hampshire Services invite responses to the Draft Consultation by:
- online survey (preferred method - see guidance on filling in the form)
- printable response form
- by email: Berks.Consult@hants.gov.uk
- by post to:
Strategic Planning, ETE
Hampshire County Council
The Castle, Winchester
Hampshire SO23 8UD
All responses will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice
Evidence base documents
The Draft Plan Consultation Paper is supported by a number of evidence base documents and comments are welcomed on them:
- JCEB SA SEA Interim Report June 2018
- JCEB SFRA Statement June 2018
- JCEB Minerals Background Study_Draft Plan June 2018
- JCEB Waste Background Study Draft Plan June 2018
- JCEB Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Report - June 2018
- JCEB Landscape Visual Study June 2018
- JCEB Restoration Study - June 2018
- JCEB Safeguarding Study June 2018
- JCEB Minerals Proposal Study June 2018
- JCEB Waste Proposal Study June 2018
- JCEB Equalities Impact Assessment June 2018
- JCEB Duty to Co-Operate Statement June 2018
- JCEB Transport Assessment June 2018
Documents are also available for inspection during normal working hours at:
- Bracknell Forest Council offices: Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1JD
- Reading Council offices: Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading RG1 2LU
- The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead offices: Maidenhead Library, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1QU
- Wokingham Borough Council offices: Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 1BN
- Public libraries: where practicable, all libraries within the administrative areas of the Central & Eastern Berkshire Authorities.
Public exhibitions will take place during the consultation period at the following locations:
Datchet Village Hall, 3 Allen Way, Datchet SL3 9HR:
- Tuesday 4th September – 3.30pm to 7.30pm
St Peter’s Church, 4 Bath Road, Knowl Hill, Reading, RG10 9XB:
- Tuesday 4th September – 4pm to 8pm
Desborough Theatre (Town Hall), Park St, Maidenhead SL6 1RF:
- Thursday 6th September – 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Reading Civic Offices, Bridge Road, RG1 2LU:
- Thursday 6th September – 3.00-7.00pm
Three Mile Cross Church Centre, Mitford Close off Basingstoke Road, Three Mile Cross, RG7 1HF:
- Monday 10th September – 4.30pm to 8pm
St Mary’s Winkfield, Church Road, SL4 4SF:
- Tuesday 11th September – 3pm to 7pm
Aborfield Green Community Centre, Sheerlands Road, Aborfield, RG2 9ND (parking off Princess Marina or Rowcroft Road):
- Wednesday 19th September – 4pm to 8pm