The Central & Eastern Berkshire Authorities (Bracknell Forest Council, Reading Borough Council, The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council) are working in partnership to produce a Joint Minerals & Waste Plan which will guide minerals and waste decision making in the Plan area up until 2036.
The Joint Minerals & Waste Plan will build upon the formerly adopted minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area, and improve, update and strengthen the policies and provide details of strategic sites that are proposed to deliver the vision.
The second stage was the production of a Draft Plan (formerly referred to as ‘Preferred Options’). The purpose of this consultation was to engage the community in discussion on managing minerals and waste for the next 20 years. It was also an opportunity to gather more local evidence to determine the plan policies and site allocations. The Preferred Options Consultation ran for 10 weeks between 6 August to 12 October 2018.
Thank you for your responses to the draft Plan consultation. We are now working on updating the draft Plan and its evidence base and producing a full report detailing the outcomes of the consultation.
The draft plan consultation has now closed, it ran for 10 weeks between 6 August to 12 October 2018.
A further Regulation 19 Consultation will take place in 2019.
The key documents are linked to below:
Evidence base documents
The Draft Plan Consultation Paper is supported by a number of evidence base documents and comments are welcomed on them:
- JCEB SA SEA Interim Report June 2018
- JCEB SFRA Statement June 2018
- JCEB Minerals Background Study_Draft Plan June 2018
- JCEB Waste Background Study Draft Plan June 2018
- JCEB Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Report - June 2018
- JCEB Landscape Visual Study June 2018
- JCEB Restoration Study - June 2018
- JCEB Safeguarding Study June 2018
- JCEB Minerals Proposal Study June 2018
- JCEB Waste Proposal Study June 2018
- JCEB Equalities Impact Assessment June 2018
- JCEB Duty to Co-Operate Statement June 2018
- JCEB Transport Assessment June 2018
- JCEB Draft Plan Consultation Summary Report