The role of the forum is to:
- advise the County Council on its progress in delivering against its targets and commitments within the Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan
- provide an opportunity for meaningful engagement and challenge to inform the County Council’s approach
- support the County Council in delivering actions across the County, through members’ own activities
- share information and engage with members’ communities and networks to enable better awareness and involvement across the County
Climate change Expert Consultative Forum
6th August 2020
An initial wider consultative stakeholder event took place in August 2020.
Objectives of the first expert consultative forum
- To identify and engage with relevant community groups and community organisations
- To provide an opportunity for community groups to highlight their priorities and how these can be incorporated into the Council's strategy and action plan
- To begin to map existing activity across Hampshire in this sector and understand the support that community groups can offer in delivering against priorities
- Facilitate future working between community groups and with the Council
The event consisted of two workshops sessions that were run to give delegates the opportunity to highlight what Hampshire County Council should prioritise for the 2020-2025 Action Plan across the key sectors and to identify if anything had been missed from the Action Plan and what the role of the forum could look like moving forward.
Helen Pearce (BEIS)
Helen is the Head of Local Climate and Energy Policy at BEIS. The Local Climate and Energy team was established to support Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), local authorities and communities in England to play a leading role in decarbonisation and clean growth. Helen was responsible for setting up the £20m Local Energy programme, and leads on the development of national policy and programmes, working with colleagues across BEIS and other government departments.
Floriane Ortega and Charlie McNelly
Floriane Ortega, a manager and an urban planner by background, and Charlie McNelly, a senior analyst, are part of the Carbon Trust's Cities & Regions team. This team supports sub-national governments globally accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy, with a particular recent focus on turning Climate Emergency declarations into action.