As highway authority for Hampshire, we are responsible for the management and maintenance of over 1,800 bridges and retaining structures.
We can manage the entire project or assist at any stage, from preparing feasibility studies and detailed designs to supervising contract documentation and the construction.
We also inspect highway bridges and structures and prepare them for maintenance, renewal and strengthening works.
Our expertise includes
- feasibility, preliminary and detailed design and analysis, including the finite element method to calculate load stresses
- Approval In Principle (AIP) advice and support
- foundation investigation and design
- contract and drawing preparation
- estimating and bill of quantity production
- assessments and inspections (including confined spaces)
- maintenance ordering and management
- abnormal load routing
- asset management advice and planning
- application of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations 2015
- application of Eurocodes (pan-European structural design codes)