We have many years’ experience in curating cultural heritage resources, and can respond to a wide range of enquiries We can prepare archaeological desk-based assessments and cultural heritage chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs).
We also manage the Archaeology and Historic Buildings Record (AHBR), which provides data search services for the commercial sector, academics and members of the public. Our data has been used for a wide range of purposes, including development management, agri-environment schemes and public consultations. We can interpret raw data from the AHBR to help clients fully understand their results and place them in context. For work outside Hampshire we can access and analyse data from other records on your behalf.
Our Environmental Data and Advice Service gives developers and investors a feasibility assessment for any site in Hampshire.
Our expertise includes
- cultural heritage advice on planning applications
- cultural heritage advice on agri-environment schemes and the management of archaeological sites within development, green infrastructure and woodland management
- cultural heritage advice for utility development
- management of, and provision of data from the Archaeology and Historic Buildings Record (AHBR)
- review of heritage submissions such as Heritage Statements, Written Schemes of Investigation (WSI), Desk-Based Assessments (DBA), EIAs and archaeological reports such as geophysical surveys and earthwork surveys
- archaeological input for pre-application feasibility studies
- Archaeological Impact Assessments
- archaeological outline briefs for fieldwork, and archaeological contractor selection and monitoring