Report a planning breach

If you believe a breach of planning control is occurring at a mineral or a waste site, or a minerals or waste activity is taking place without planning permission contact us as soon as possible. To do this complete our report a suspected planning breach form.

You can also email, phone or write to us.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 0300 555 1389


Development Management (Monitoring and enforcement)
Hampshire County Council
The Castle
Winchester, SO23 8UD

You can also contact your parish district council or local councillor who will pass your comments onto the County Council. The identity of complainants will always be confidential unless the circumstances of the case make confidentiality impossible. Our Privacy notice on planning enforcement and complaints sets out our approach to data protection. If circumstances arises where details have to be disclosed (such as in Court) the Council will contact you first.

Types of incidents to report to us include:

  • unauthorised development
  • tipping of waste on land (not fly tipping)
  • extraction of minerals
  • storage and sorting of waste such as the storage of skips loaded with waste
  • breaches of planning condition
  • sites operating outside of their permitted times
  • lorries depositing mud on roads when they leave a site

We investigate any complaints received, whether it concerns permitted sites or unauthorised activity. The complainant will receive a response explaining what, if any, action has or will be taken.

The removal of fly tipped material is the duty of your district or borough council if it is on highway land.

Enforcing a planning breach

We may take appropriate enforcement action against the breach. Read our Planning Enforcement and Site Monitoring Plan for more information.