Community archives are collections of material that tell the story of a community’s history.
They may consist of photographs, documents, sound recordings, printed material, digital media, film and/or objects. A community’s very own ‘memory box’. Community archives are created and owned by the community. They are a great way of bringing people together. Anyone can get involved.
We can offer:
- help on how to collect and record local history
- advice on caring for and managing local records
- support with designing exhibitions and developing heritage events
- access to mainstream archives
- guidance on gaining funding advice and training support
An exhibition on community archives is available for loan to groups. Contact us if you are interested on having this on display.