Copying services

Fees and charges

Standard copying
  • Parish register entries
  • Newspaper entries
  • Wills
  • Most unbound documents
Digital copying

  • Pages from volumes
  • Rolled items
  • Large maps
  • Tithe apportionments
  • Documents with hanging seals
Application to use copies

If you would like to use a copy of a document in a publication, exhibition, or on a website please contact us.

Film and sound recordings

We can provide copies of many film and sound items, either for commercial or private use.

We make copies to the highest standard possible but quality depends on the quality of the original item. We aim to provide copies promptly but may not proceed until we have obtained any necessary permissions from copyright owners which may take several weeks.

Payment will be requested after permissions have been obtained and a copy has been produced.

We charge for the time taken to produce a copy - see fees and charges.

Certified copies

If you require a copy of a document held at Hampshire Record Office for legal purposes, we can provide certified copies or transcriptions.

For baptism certificates, please use our enquiry service giving details of event, parish and name(s). For entries in vehicle licence registers and other registers, we can provide a certified transcript. Certified digital photographs can also be provided.

A fee is charged per certification plus the cost of digital photography.