Computing, Internet and E-mail for Beginners
Learning in Libraries course
This course will introduce complete beginners to the basic use of a computer, Internet and a guide to setting up and using an email account.
You will carry out basic word processing, using Windows and Internet Explorer software.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
* Switch on a computer, use a keyboard and mouse for basic functions
* Access programmes and files from the desktop
* Use word and it's toolbars to edit and format a document
* Insert an image into a document
* Name, save, preview and print documents
* Access the Internet using a browser icon
* Use a search engine to find a web page on a specific topic
* Save the location of a web page, select and save specific information
* Create an email account
*Send and receive emails
* Open attachments to emails
*Manage your inbox
This course is aimed at beginners. No previous experience is required.
You will need:
* Paper and pen to take notes.
* Use of a computer to practice on between lessons is recommended (Available free of charge within the library)
* A bottle of water (drinks not provided)
This Course could lead to:
Job and Interview Skills
Wednesdays 29 November to 20 December 2017
2.00pm - 4.30pm
Booking is essential, please call the library booking line on 01590 673272 or visit the online shop.
- ContactNew Milton Library
- Phone01425 627013
- Book online »