Get to know your iPad at New Milton Library
An introduction to iPads for new owners or those thinking of buying one.
An introduction to iPads for new owners or those thinking of buying one. Also suitable for those who already own an iPad but would like to get more out of it.
This course is aimed at people that require skills to be able to access Universal credit or to use the internet to overcome social isolation.
* Demonstrate the basic connections and controls
* Set up your tablet with an Apple ID and iCloud account
* Recognise common symbols and terms associated with tablets
* Use common gestures to operate your tablet
* Select, organise, open and close apps from the Home Screen
* Adjust basic settings including connecting to Wi-Fi.
* Use the camera and video recorder.
* Find and install apps in the App Store.
* Find and install music, films, etc from the iTunes store.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
A general knowledge of computing with traditional laptops/computers would be an advantage.
Please bring with you
* Paper and pen to take notes, A folder to keep handouts in is useful
* A bottle of water (drinks not provided)
* An Apple iPad
Wednesdays 17th to 31st October 2018
2.00pm to 4.00pm
FREE- Advance booking is required, so pop into the library, call the booking line or book via the online shop
- ContactNew Milton Library
- Phone01425 627013
- Book online »