5 week course
Wednesdays from 24 April to 22 May, 1pm to 3pm.
About the course
This course aims to provide something for everyone. For the beginner who wants to learn about the basics of drawing and painting or for the more experienced ones who want the chance to experiment and wish to receive constructive criticism. It is also a course focused to motivate creativity using different resources and techniques as well as famous artists as a reference.
You need to bring any material you would like to learn about, such as acrylics, colour pencils, watercolour, oils. You will also need to bring something (such as an apron) to cover your clothes.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- use different materials; understand different techniques and their possibilities
- understand the laws of composition and space
- analyse, synthesize and represent elements objectively and subjectively
- learn how to push your creativity and invention
- understand how lines, textures, colours and tones can affect dramatically the meaning of a drawing
- acquire general knowledge about past and contemporary artists and artistic movements
This course could lead to
- Portrait courses
- Watercolour courses
- Painting / drawing courses
- Ink workshop
- Potential exhibition
Booking is essential, so contact the Library. Call the Booking Line (01234 567890) or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.