Wednesdays from 24 April to 22 May, 10am to 12 midday.
About the course
Introducing learners to the basics of computers, Internet and email.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- know how to switch the computer on/off
- know basic terminology
- use a mouse
- understand the layout of the keyboard and important keys
- how to open and use Microsoft Word
- understand File management and storage using folders
- know about Health and Safety around computers
- recognise Window features
- access the Internet
- send and receive using Email (Gmail)
Previous knowledge/experience: none required, but a willingness to learn!
For the first session you will need to buy or bring: notepad and pen or pencil.
This course could lead to: Next Steps with Internet & Email
Booking is essential, so contact the Library, call the Booking Line (01252 612709) or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.