5 week course
Every Thursday 25 April to 3 May, 10am to 12 midday.
About the course
This course is aimed at those looking to find work or improve their job prospects by gaining basic computer and email knowledge.
No previous knowledge/experience required, but a willingness to learn.
For the first session you will need to buy/bring a notepad and pen or pencil.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- know how to switch the computer on/off
- know basic terminology
- use a mouse
- understand the layout of the keyboard and important keys
- how to open and use Microsoft Word
- understand file management and storage using folders
- know about health and safety around computers
- recognise Window features
- access the Internet
- send and receive using email (Gmail)
This course could lead to
Next Steps with Internet & Email
Booking is essential, so contact the Library on 01234 567890 or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.