4 week course
Every Saturday from 18 May to 1 June, 10am to 2pm.
This course will introduce complete beginners to the basic use of a computer, internet and a guide to setting up and using an email account. To carry out basic word processing, using Windows and Internet Explorer software.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Switch on a computer, use a keyboard and mouse for basic functions
- Access programmes and files from the desktop
- Use word and it's toolbars to edit and format a document
- Insert an image into a document
- Name, save, preview and print documents
- Access the Internet using a browser icon
- Use a search engine to find a web page on a specific topic
- Save the location of a web page, select and save specific information
- Create an email account
- Send and receive emails
- Open attachments to emails
- Manage your inbox
This course is aimed at beginners. No previous experience is required
You will need:
- Paper and pen to take notes
- Use of a computer to practice on between lessons is recommended (Available free of charge within the library)
This course could lead to: Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Get to Know your iPad courses.
Booking is essential, so contact the library, call the booking line on 01730 267806 to guarantee a place.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.