At this workshop you will learn how to make a crochet cactus by creating a ribbed square or rectangle which you will sew together and stuff to finish. You will also have the opportunity to make either a crochet or felt flower for your cactus.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and those who would like to refresh their knowledge of crocheting in rows and create texture in their work. You will be using chunky yarn and a large hook to help make your cactus with ease and be part of a small group working in a relaxed and friendly environment with help from your tutor.
You will need:
- crochet hook (size 6)
- chunky yarn in green (a light shade of green is recommended for beginners)*
- yarn needle
- small pair scissors
- pen and paper
*There will be some chunky yarn available for a small donation (£2) if you would prefer to be guided in your choice.
Pots, stuffing, yarn and felt for the cactus flowers will be provided.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- use the following crochet stitches; chain, slip stitch and double crochet
- make rows of crochet stitches
- understand the technique for making a ribbed crochet texture
- understand basic crochet terminology to follow a simple pattern