2 week course
Thursdays from 9 May to 16 May, 10am to 1pm.
About the course
An introduction to iPads for new owners or those thinking of buying one. Also suitable for those who already own an iPad but would like to get more out of it.
- Demonstrate the basic connections and controls
- Set up your tablet with an Apple ID and iCloud account
- Recognise common symbols and terms associated with tablets
- Use common gestures to operate your tablet
- Select, organise, open and close apps from the home screen
- Adjust basic settings including connecting to wi-fi
- Use the camera and video recorder
- Find and install apps in the App Store
- Find and install music, films, etc from the iTunes store
This course is aimed at people that require skills to be able to access Universal credit or to use the internet to job search and apply for jobs. A general knowledge of computing with traditional laptops/computers would be an advantage.
You will need to bring with you:
- paper and pen to take notes
- a folder to keep handouts in is useful
- an apple iPad (if you do not have your own you may be able to borrow one from the tutor. Please let us know when booking)
This course is for iPad users only
This course could lead to further courses on social media, shopping online in the Library or attendance at a higher level course at a local college.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have
Booking is essential, so visit the Library, phone the booking line on 02392 523463 or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.