3 week course
Every Friday from 3 May to 17 May. 1pm to 3pm.
Aims of The Course:
An introduction to iPads for new owners or those thinking of buying one. Also suitable for those who already own an iPad but would like to get more out of it.
Learning Goals: (by the end of the course you will be able to...)
- Demonstrate the basic connections and controls
- Set up your tablet with an Apple ID and iCloud account
- Recognise common symbols and terms associated with tablets
- Use common gestures to operate your tablet
- Select, organise, open and close apps from the Home Screen
- Adjust basic settings including connecting to wi-fi
- Find and install apps in the App Store
- Use the internet to search for jobs/courses
- Complete your universal credit log if required
About the Course:
This course is aimed primarily at people that require skills to be able to access Universal credit or to use the internet to job search and apply for jobs. However, general total beginners are welcome.
A general knowledge of computing with traditional laptops/computers would be an advantage.
Bring with you; Paper and pen to take notes, A folder to keep handouts in is useful.
An apple iPad (if you do not have your own you may be able to borrow one from the tutor. Let us know when booking).
NB: This course is for iPad users only.
This Course could lead to:
- Further courses on finding work
- Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have
Booking is essential, so contact the Library or call the Booking Line 02380 841457 to guarantee a place.