Monday 29 March
10am to 1pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course is ideal for those who are new to using acrylic paints or wanting to build and develop core skills and techniques, as well as skills and confidence.
By the end of the course you will...
- Create a painting of your own choice
- Complete 3 preparation activities to help you with your painting
- Use a limited palette of paints to create different colours
- Create a mark making resource sheet
- Acrylic paints: we use a small range of colours in class so blue, red, yellow and white. (The most useful colours are ultramarine blue, cadmium red, cadmium yellow but any blue, red or yellow is fine)
- A range of brushes (including flat, round, filbert)
- Watercolour paper for activities and preparation (220gsm upwards
- A canvas or canvas board for your main piece (approximately A4 size)
- It is fine to paint on a table but you are welcome to use a drawing board/something to lean on or an easel if you prefer
- Old cloth/flannel or kitchen roll
- Water pot
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on (acrylic paint can be difficult to remove)
- Please bring a photo or image to use as a starting point for your own painting.
Booking is essential