Thursday 17 June to Thursday 15 July 2021
10am to 11am
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course for anyone with an interest in sewing, complete beginners and more experienced sewers are all welcome! No previous knowledge or experience is required
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Demonstrate 4 types of stitches & seams that can be used to repair/alter clothing Hem garments, take-in/out, replace buttons & zips
- Use hand sewing and/or a sewing machine to carry out basic clothing repairs & alterations
- Take accurate measurements to be able to adjust clothing
- Deconstruct and reconstruct basic garments to make successful repairs and alterations – including garments with linings
- Compare costs of making repairs/alterations to replacing clothes
- A Sewing Machine is very useful but all repairs & alterations can also be carried out by hand – it will just take longer to do
- Scissors, needles, pins, chalk/dressmaking pens (& any other dressmaking tools you may have)
- Items that you would like to fix and/or alter
- Bondaweb & Iron on facings are also useful but not essential (this will be looked at in week 2)
Booking is essential