Friday 7 May to 28 May 2021
10:00am to 12:00pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course will enable you to be able to assist a child or baby in an emergency.
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Describe how to safely and confidently respond to an emergency, and contact the relevant emergency service with effective communication
- Recognise placing an unconscious child or infant into the recovery position
- Recognise a non-breathing child or infant - CPR
- Describe and explain the effectiveness of using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Describe a child or infant with various ailments including a burn, asthma attack, anaphylactic shock, or an Infant/child who is choking
- Recognise signs and symptoms of flu, colds, high temperatures and seizures as well as sepsis and meningitis.
This course is for parents/carers only, please do not bring babies/children along.
Booking is essential