Wednesday 28 April to 19 May 2021
19.00pm to 21.00pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course is designed to give the candidate skills to be able to assist someone in an emergency, or someone who has become ill or injured. It is created to be a sociable and engaging programme which is friendly and welcoming to all. Whether you are refreshing your first aid knowledge or looking to gain new skills, this course is aimed to build your self-confidence to assist in a medical emergency for care of your own injuries and that of others.
You will be sent an individual workbook for your reference as well as being able to record information.
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Describe how to safely and confidently respond to an emergency, and contact the relevant emergency service with effective communication
- Recognise unresponsiveness, breathing - recovery position
- Recognise unresponsiveness, not breathing – CPR
- Describe and explain the effectiveness of using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Support bone, muscle, or joint injuries (including spinal)
- Recognise chest pain - heart attack & angina
- Describe supporting someone choking
- Support someone having a seizure
- Describe supporting someone having an asthma attack
- Support someone with cramp
- Support someone who is bleeding
Booking is essential.