Wednesday 30 June to 21 July 2021 (4 Weeks)
10.00am to 11.00am
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
An opportunity to improve your stitching knowledge – you will need a basic understanding of embroidery stitches and already be confident in completing the following - Straight, back, blanket, chain & herringbone stitch.
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Demonstrate how to do at least 10 different advanced hand sewing/embroidery stitches
- Expand your knowledge of stitch ‘families’ including, straight, chain, blanket & herringbone
- Learn techniques such as patchwork, applique & binding (by hand), needlepoint
- Plan & make a personalised item e.g., a small, stitched picture or cushion using the stitches learnt and a range of fabric and/or haberdashery.
- base material e.g. Aida (Aida 16/18 count is ideal however any stable fabric will do e.g. stiff cotton/linen/old curtain fabric
- Embroidery threads & needles
- Embroidery hoop if you have one
- Basic sewing kit – scissors, thimble etc
You are required to have your own materials & equipment for the start of the first lesson if possible.
Booking is essential