Friday 20, 27 May, 10 & 17 June 2022
10 am to 1 pm
About the course: During this course, we will be working on different activities to start creating a range of pen and wash textures, marks and effects. We will then use these techniques in longer artworks.
Who is the course for: Approachable sessions and activities to help you develop your skills using pen and wash techniques. Ideal for those new to pen and wash or those wanting to gain confidence.
Previous Knowledge/Experience Required: A basic understanding of how to draw (i.e. shading, texture, highlights and shadows) is helpful but not essential.
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Blend watercolour pencils in 2 different way
- Complete at least 3 pieces of art using pen and wash techniques
- Create different effects using different pens
- Apply washes before and after using pens
How will I learn: Through a range of activities and observing the tutor.
How will I be assessed: Through completing activities and through class discussion
You will to bring the following materials with you:
- Please bring 3 different images or photos to work from
- A waterproof fine liner (NOT water soluble; it can be black, brown or a preferred colour)
- A small range of pens - biro, gel pens, fine liner pens, fibre tip pens (waterproof or watersoluble)
- A small range of watercolour pencils
- Some watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- Watercolour paper for your main pictures (220gsm upwards)
- Cartridge paper for practising on (100 gsm upwards)
- At least one brush
- Old cloth or kitchen roll
- Water pot
- A pencil (2B is fine)
- An apron or wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on
Booking is essential
We will contact you prior to the course to explain our procedures for keeping you all safe in our covid secure setting