Thursday 22 July to Thursday 12 August 2021
6pm to 7.30pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
Aims of the Course:
- To enable parents to prepare their child for a successful transition to Secondary School
- To share Secondary Schools’ expectations, routines and organisation to help parents prepare themselves and their child
- To give practical tips and advice to parents to ensure a smooth start in Y7 for their child
- To help parents build on their child’s self help skills to enable a smooth transition to Year 7
- To give parents of Y6 children an opportunity to address worries and concerns about starting Secondary School
By the end of course you will...
- have a variety of practical activities and/or strategies to help prepare your child for Y7
- have a variety of sources to access help and advice
- have a variety of learning activities to practise with your child
understand what the expectations are of Y7 children (and their parents
Booking is essential