Tuesday 11 May to 29 June (no lesson 1 June half term week)
6pm to 8pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom software; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
To provide you with the basic knowledge and skills to teach adults. Ideal way to explore if teaching is for you.
This is good preparation for the award in education.
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Describe the teaching roles and responsibilities in education and training
- Describe ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Describe ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Create SMART learning objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Demonstrate how to plan a session and a course
- Demonstrate the principles and requirements of assessment
- Describe the different types of assessment method and identify suitable methods
- Plan effective assessment
- Involve learners in assessment
- Demonstrate a 15 minute teaching session (micro teach)
- Provide and receive effective feedback
Booking is essential