Wednesday 24 February, 3,10,17 and 24 March 2021 (5 weeks)
10.00am to 11.30am
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
Discover your creative sewing skills in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere through a mixture of practice, discussion, and demonstration.
You will be introduced to a wide range of different ‘upcycling’ sewing techniques as well as other general craft techniques that can be used on garments. You will use these skills to upcycle your chosen clothing, creating ‘new’ clothing & if chosen, accessories too!
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Learn how to design successful upcycling clothing projects
- Understand the importance of planning, drawing, recording ideas & measuring
- Demonstrate the ability to use a sewing machine and/or hand sewing to carry out creative upcycling sewing on your clothing
- Demonstrate the use of a wide range of different upcycling techniques for clothing
- Use a wide range of haberdashery/ scrap fabric etc. to upcycle your items.
Materials & Equipment needed
- Sewing Machine is very useful, but most upcycling projects can also be carried out by hand – it will just take longer to do
- Scissors, Needles, Pins, chalk/dressmaking pens (& any other dressmaking tools you may have)
- Clothing that you would like to upcycle – scrap fabrics – trims – ribbons – sequins – any sewing items that you would like to learn to use/use on your upcycling projects!
- Bondaweb & Iron on facings are also useful but not essential (will look at in week 2)
Booking is essential