Wednesday 16 June to 14 July 2021
13.00pm to 14.00pm
This is an online course - participants will be required to use Zoom; no account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course is for anyone with an interest in sewing, upcycling & learning ways to reuse/ recycle clothing. It is suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced sewers! No previous knowledge or experience is required. An interest in reusing & creative thinking will help you to make the most of the course!
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Design successful upcycling clothing projects
- Plan, draw, record ideas & take correct measurements
- Demonstrate hand sewing and/or use of a sewing machine
- Demonstrate 4 different upcycling techniques for clothing
- Research opportunities for recycling textiles & finding used textiles in your local area
Materials & Equipment needed
- Sewing Machine is very useful, but most upcycling projects can also be carried out by hand – it will just take longer to do
- Scissors, Needles, Pins, chalk/dressmaking pens (& any other dressmaking tools you may have)
- Clothing that you would like to upcycle – scrap fabrics – trims – ribbons – sequins – any sewing items that you would like to learn to use/use on your upcycling projects!
- Bondaweb & Iron on facings are also useful but not essential (will look at in week 2)
Booking is essential