Thursday 8th and 22nd July and 5th August 2021
Course runs fortnightly with independent home learning (between 1-2hrs) on alternate weeks
10.00 to 13.00
This is a free online course - participants will be required to download Zoom software.
No account is required.
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
This course is for anyone looking to develop their creative skills to improve their wellbeing. It is ideal for beginners or those who are new to art or wanting to build their skills and confidence. Some understanding of drawing techniques is helpful but not essential.
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Demonstrate four different techniques for managing water
- Create an expressive watercolour journal
- Use ‘repeated image’ activity to build creative resilience
- Describe how watercolour is mindful and can improve your mental wellbeing
- Create at least two artworks using watercolours
You will need the following:
- A range of materials – drawing pencils, watercolour paints (pan or tube), watercolour pencils
- Heavier watercolour paper (A4) for your main pictures
- Plenty of cartridge paper (preferably A4) for practicing
- Kitchen roll or old cloth, water pot, brush
- A photo or image to inspire your work
- A drawing board or something to lean up on (A3)
Booking is essential