Saturday 12 June 2021
9.00am to 4.30pm
This practical Paediatric first aid program will give you the skills to be able to respond to everyday first aid emergencies, in the home and in the community.
It is an instructor led, interactive and engaging session, and if desired it can be certificated as Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid Qualification, for which a fee of £15 applies.
A Level 3 First Aid Qualification is designed for those who have an interest in child and baby Basic Life Support, governed by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) or OFSTED. This course covers life-threatening conditions including CPR, bleeding control and choking.
By the end of the course you will be able to…
- Describe how to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious infant or child
- Describe how to recognise and treat a child or infant having a seizure
- Describe the recognition of cardiac arrest/delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Demonstrate how to safely use a defibrillator
- Describe how to recognise/safely treat a child or infant who is choking
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for a child/infant who is bleeding/ including shock
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for minor injuries, cuts, grazes, splinters, nose bleeds.
Booking is essential
We will contact you prior to the course to explain our procedures for keeping you all safe in our covid secure setting.