Wednesday 9 June to 7 July 2021
12 to 1pm
This is a free online course using Zoom. No account is required
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
Suited for those who would like to quieten their mind and relax their body or those with an active fitness regimes that would benefit form the joint protection it offers.
The first half of the session includes basic Hatha asana (yoga shapes) such as Warriors and balances to stretch and build strength in the body, the second half of the class is floor-based, slower and more meditative with yin asana which are held for 3-5 minutes and using lots of cushions and pillows to support the body to find deeper stretches followed by a relaxing guided meditation
By the end of the course you will be able to...
- Perform Warriors 1, 2 and 3 to build all over body strength
- Display knowledge of their own body by using pillows and cushions to support their unique body in floor-based asana
- Demonstrate stillness during meditations during Savasana to find deep relaxation
You will need...
- Yoga or exercise mat, a blanket or 3 pillows/cushions
- Wear suitable loose comfortable clothing
- Don’t forget a bottle of water
Booking is essential