4 week course
Fridays from 26 April to 24 May (no class on the 17 May), 10am to 1pm.
Aims of the course
This course will show you how to create a range of different origami creations and have fun doing so, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. Learn about the history of origami whilst making. Learners are encouraged to use a wide range of different folding techniques, including those that they may not have tried before. Finished origami pieces are the learners own to display, use or give as gifts!
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- demonstrate the basic origami folding techniques
- use a range of basic and specialist origami papers
- create a range of finished origami designs from basic to more complex as desired
- experiment with more complex designs - combining techniques and papers
No previous knowledge/experience is required, just willingness to learn and concentrate on the tasks.
About the course
For the first session you will need to buy/bring:
- notebook and pencil/pen
- origami/basic papers (but this is not essential as basic materials provided)
This course could lead to
- Art for wellness
- Card making
Booking is essential, so contact the Library or call the booking line on 02380 841457 to guarantee a place.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.