Contact the library for the finish time of this event.
About the course
Learn about the benefits to health and wellbeing from practising meditation and acquire the basic techniques of meditation and mindfulness.
This is an introduction to the basic principles of meditation for anyone who has little or no experience of meditation.
You will need to bring:
- a large towel, blanket or yoga mat to lay on and small pillow
- wear comfortable loose clothing, a bottle of water or drink
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- demonstrate aspects of meditation
- describe the benefits to health and wellbeing
- practise meditation focusing on different aspects such body awareness, breathing and visualisation
- apply meditation to everyday life
This course could lead to
- mindfulness course
- further meditation courses
Booking is essential, so contact the Library. Call the Booking Line (01234 567890) or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.