Aims of the course
Learn about the benefits to health and wellbeing from practising meditation and acquire the basic techniques of meditation and mindfulness.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- demonstrate aspects of meditation
- describe the benefits to health and wellbeing
- practise meditation focusing on different aspects such body awareness, breathing and visualisation
- apply meditation to everyday life
About the course
This is an introduction to the basic principles of meditation for anyone who has little or no experience of meditation.
You will need to bring:
- a large towel, blanket or yoga mat to lay on and small pillow
- wear comfortable loose clothing, a bottle of water or drink
This course could lead to
- mindfulness course
- further meditation courses
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have