2 week course
Wednesday 15 May and Wednesday 22 May. 10.15am to 1.15pm.
Aims of the course
Learn the art of modern calligraphy and how to take time out from our busy lives.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- produce mindfulness phrases in different fonts
- write the alphabet in Upper and Lower case letters
- add embellishments to your work
- state how mindfulness lettering helps you to relax
About the course
On this course you will have the opportunity to explore the art of modern calligraphy and lettering. You will learn about different fonts, upper and lower-case letters, adding embellishments such as borders and banners to your work. The course will enable you to learn how you can take time out from your busy life and to reflect and allow yourself to be creative. You will learn how mindfulness art can help you to find something good in every day.
No experience necessary.
You will need to bring with you:
- brush pens
- calligraphy markers - 3.5mm and 2.0mm
- cartridge or calligraphy paper
This course could lead to
Other related courses:
- Draw, Colour and Paint your way to well-being
- Watercolours/Acrylics for Beginners
- Calligraphy for Improvers
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.