Tuesdays from 23 April to 2 July, 11am to 1pm.
About the course
The groups are welcoming and friendly, offering a chance for people to meet and make friends while improving their English.
Suitable for Levels 1 and 2 (intermediate +). This course is not suitable for beginners but please ask for information about entry level courses both at Aldershot and Farnborough libraries.
Please bring a pen. Reference hand-outs will be provided.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify different social conventions in the UK
- compare cultural activities in the UK to that of your own country
- locate different geographical areas in the UK
- deal with everyday situations (e.g. on the telephone, at the doctor)
- recognise the rules of English pronunciation
- expand the range of vocabulary used
- use a variety of grammar structures
- speak confidently about yourself
- take part in group discussions
- give your opinion on a range of topics
This course could lead to
This course complements a range of job searching workshops including: Identify your skills, CV writing, interview skills and online job searching.
Booking is essential, so contact the Library. Call the Booking Line (01234 567890) or visit the Hantsweb Shop to guarantee a place.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.