This course is on Wednesdays for 5 weeks. It runs from 24 April to 22 May 2019, 10am to 11am.
Learn the basics of yoga with a focus on body confidence, the benefits of breathing and meditation practices.
- Use postures to develop flexibility and strength
- Improve shoulder, neck and hip mobility
- Strengthen abdominal muscles
- Learn a variety of breathing techniques
- Build body confidence
About the course
Find beauty in your body through gentle stretches, movement, breathing exercises and meditation. Come as you are, use what you have, do what you can.
Previous knowledge/experience: absolutely no previous knowledge or experience is needed. Bodies of all shapes, sizes and abilities will be made welcome.
You will need to:
- bring a yoga or exercise mat (if you do not have one there will be some available) and a bottle of water
- wear loose comfortable clothing
- bring extra layer of clothing/a blanket for relaxation
This Course could lead to other yoga or meditation courses at the Library or local colleges