Hampshire Library Service is proud to offer an exciting opportunity to get online via the loan of a DOTS iPad with associated training and support.
Hampshire Library Service have 140 3G enabled iPads which are available to eligible Hampshire residents for a four week loan period, during which basic training will be provided as well as support for the duration of the loan.
The tablets are pre-loaded with relevant online library services, and useful applications linking to themes such as health and well being and information about local communities and services.
In addition to a data allowance, WIFI capability is provided to allow continued internet access outside of the training sessions.
You must also:
- be aged 18 years and over
- attend 2 Hampshire Libraries ‘Get to Know Your DOTS tablet’ training sessions
- return the device at the end of the loan period
- agree to complete the online DOTS project survey
Who is the scheme suitable for?Maybe you are:
- wanting to improve your digital confidence
- feeling socially isolated and so wish to strengthen social connections
- a lone parent
- on a low income
- a person for whom English is not your first language
We do not want to only rely on set criteria but to target the iPad lending programme to make a difference to communities across the county.
If eligible, you will be invited by your Area Coordinator to enrol on the next available training session at your local Hampshire Library.
You will be provided with the training, knowledge and skills to fully utilise your ipad and access relevant library services.
At the session you will receive your iPad and basic training covering how to set it up, common gestures and simple skills such as using the internet and connecting to WiFi.
One week later, you return to the same library for a second training session designed to recap skills learnt so far and further develop them.
The iPad is issued in the first training session and you are able to keep and use the iPad for the remainder of the 4 week loan period.
All iPads are pre-loaded with online library services, and useful applications linking to themes such as health and well being and useful information about local communities and services. You will also have a iPad user guide included.
Area Coordinators are available for support throughout the duration of your loan.
iPads will be returned after your 4 week loan to the library or venue which your loaned your iPad from – your Area Coordinator will confirm these details with you at your training session.
Feedback from customers97% of DOTS customers said they would visit their library again with:
- 74% saying they would visit their library more often as a direct result of the DOTS project
- 75% DOTS customers said that the project enabled them to improve contact with friends and family
- 82% of customers stated as a direct result of attending the project, they felt more confident in the digital world
Hampshire Library Service is proud to offer eligible customers the opportunity to get online via the loan of a DOTS Project iPad with associated training and support.
iPad loans include a data allowance and WIFI capability to allow continued internet access outside of the training sessions.
We believe that by lending iPads we can have a positive effect on our customers social connections, digital confidence and wellbeing.