You can pre-book a public computer online or by calling 0300 555 1387.
Guidance on using public computers
- You will be asked for your name on arrival, please make sure you have your library card and pin number ready (arrival without these will reduce the time you have on the computer)
- You will be allocated a session which will be up to 2 hours. Please arrive on time for your session. If you are more than 10 minutes late your session will automatically be deleted.
Hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes will be available in the library for your use.
Help and support
Where possible, library staff will try to help you use the library computers. The support they can offer will depend on the resources and staff available at that time, and is at the discretion of library staff.
Staff need to balance the needs of all users in all areas of the library service and it is therefore not always possible to provide the same level at support at all libraries. We can advise where computer training is available locally and to suggest books to help you.
We will offer assistance whenever possible with:
- logging on and finding software to use
- simple printing and scanning
- simple copying to memory stick
- finding an online training programme (BBC Webwise or similar)
- simple information searching
- simple downloading from websites
- logging in to an existing web-based email account
- entering an email address
- MS Office software such as Word and Excel
- opening, closing and saving files
Free Wi-Fi is available in all libraries.
All libraries have a large print keyboard and a tracker ball mouse.
You can print documents from a library computer or your own device